- Ask your friends, family, and current customers to follow you! There is an "invite" button at the bottom right of your admin panel, and you shouldn't be afraid to use it. After that, send out an email blast announcing your Facebook page and create a button on your site, along with an announcement on your home page. Don't forget to post about it on your blog and create flyers or banners for your brick-and-mortar location if you have one - it's important to get the word out as many ways as possible.
- Keep most of your content non-promotional. Instead of using Facebook only to advertise, become a leader in your field by posting useful articles, funny pictures, and other great tidbits to your page. Try to keep it 2/3 educational, entertainement, or engaging content, and 1/3 promotional content.
- Post 1-3 times daily. Make sure that you post at least once a day and no more than 3 times a day to start out with. As you grow your community and get to know them better, check your Facebook insights in your admin panel to see how many posts get you the maximum amount of engagement on your page.
- Engage with your fans as often as possible. When someone comments, "like" their post and comment back. When someone sends your page a private message, message them back. Do this as soon as possible, and always check your page's notifications so you can stay up-to-date with your fan interactions. It's crucial that the fans know you are interested in them.
- Create a unique personality that exemplifies your brand. Is your brand casual? Professional? Who is your audience? It's important that you talk to your audience in a way that makes sense to them and that you use language they identify with. You wouldn't tell an audience of doctors looking for medical information, "Hey y'all, here's some stuff for you on heart attacks."
Connect with Leah on Google+