Consider this - people searching local businesses are likely to be in a buying mindset. If a person searches for driving directions to your location, they're likely to be planning a visit soon. Online marketers know that many consumers "search online, but buy offline". Now, we can prove it.
The statistics it provides are rather basic and simple to understand:
- Top search queries people used to find your listing.
- How many people viewed the search engines' results pages where your listing appeared.
- How many people clicked through to view your Maps listing.
- How many people clicked through to get driving directions to your location.
- Zip codes of the searchers who requested driving directions to your location.
- How many people clicked through to your Web site.
But, YOU can't get any of this info unless you claim and enhance your Local Business Listing in Google.
By claiming your Local Business Listing, you also gain the advantage of assuring you can control the information displayed about your business (see example), rather than leaving that up to someone else. There is even a feature to offer a coupon built into the listing. And for search phrases that include geographic modifiers, you can appear at the top of the SERPs.
Google's step by step "wizard" and instructional video will allow you to claim and enhance your Local Business Listing and Google Maps listing - and get started today.